Tuesday 10 March 2015

I'm Home at 10:30 pm - What Am I Going To Do?

What is up with that?  I don't even know what to do when I'm at home at 10::30 pm. Melanie stayed home tonight and was in bed by the time I got home so I didn't know what to do!  Kidding - it was actually a great opportunity to catch up on emails, on my forum (mazcommunity.com) and to blog. And now I am actually tired and have forgotten most of what I wanted to blog about today!

Our day started out today with another shopping trip (shocking I know!)  But it ended quick when Jodi hit a pole that was just randomly sticking out of the sidewalk and cut and bruised her shin.  I felt so bad for her.  She was tough as nails though.  I would still be on the sidewalk crying and feeling sorry for myself.  Hope you're feeling okay Jodi!

Speaking of injuries, I also spent a lot of the day thinking about my dear friend Deb who has been looking after Nikko for the last two weeks so that Phil could come and join me in Mazatlan.  On the day that Phil left, she fell on the ice in dreadful Edmonton and broke her wrist.  Amazingly, she stayed and looked after Nikko despite all of her pain and discomfort and on Friday she found out that she needed surgery which occurred today.  She is in pain and it has been awful for her.  I just want her to know how much we appreciate her and that I'm thinking of her every moment and hope she feels bettter soon.

So with our shopping trip shortened we walked back to the condo.  Phil will be pleased to hear that I didn't buy the teacups - they were over $1000!  Now the rest of you won't know what I'm talking about and are probably questioning why I would buy $1000 teacups!  But it is a sculpture - a piece of art - very funky and Melanie had me convinced that I wanted to buy them.  They are cool (Bruce and Opal have them in their condo) but I resisted!  So do I get diamond earrings instead Phil?

Then after an afternoon in the beautiful sun (it was nice and sunny and hot today after a cloudy and rainy day yesterday) I headed off to Ocean Palms for Happy Hour at John and Diane's and to watch the sunset with John, Darlene, Mark and Jackie. Very nice.

Then we headed to La Chupeteria to see Rob and the All Stars.  Our friend Gerry Perkin plays with them (as well as with Rock Creek on Thursdays at Palapa Del Mar) and I always love to see him play.  We had dinner there as well and that is the second time I've eaten there and the food is really good.

They also have a market there as well that night and for the first time I FINALLY met Linda Lee.  She is a chef and a caterer and I have been trying to hit one of her events for awhile.  Tonight I got to introduce myself and bought a few of her items. Although I was full I came home and had one of her Lumpias - its a Filipino egg roll filled with meat and veggies.  It was absolutely delicious!  I am glad I have another one for tomorrow.  She is at the Saloon on Tuesday and usually at the Market at Palapa Del Mar on Wednesdays but won't be there this week.  I suggest you check out her products.  I also bought the Clam Chowder to put in my freezer for some late night snacks.

Okay, off to bed.  At this rate, maybe I will be up in time to meet the gals for breakfast at the Social Cafe.  You never know!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura. Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. So wishing I could be there. Phil and Nikko are coming over to help tonight. Appreciate their help.

    ReplyDelete